Unit – 22 : Operational Aspects of Accounting Entries
There are two types of transactions in a Bank, Cash and non-cash.
There are two types of vouchers.
- which evidences only debit or credit to an account
- which contains both debit and credit to different accounts (composite vouchers)
Normal debit vouchers are :
- Withdrawal forms
- Dividend/interest warrants
- Travellers’ cheques
- Letter of authority signed by the customers, containing standing instructions.
- Debit vouchers prepared by the branch
- Term Deposit receipt presented for payment
Normal Credit vouchers are :
- Applications for issue of DDs, TDs, BCs, RTGS/NEFT, pay orders
- Challans for deposits into Central/State Govt Accounts
- Credit vouchers prepared by the branch